I had a hearty laugh at a discussion on Reddit this morning. If you’ve ever had to write formal math proofs, you will hopefully enjoy these.
The question: How do you end your proofs?
My favorite responses, in no particular order:
- I write “Q.E.D., bitch“, run a few paces into the classroom, throw the fucking chalk at the board as hard as I can, and run into the hallway screaming.
- I told you so.
- “The proof is clear and is left as an exercise for the reader.”
- Source: Wikipedia
- See I told you so
- Hello Kitty drawing a QED square.
- … and that’s how my neighbor’s dog told me it went.
- WWWW. (Which is what was wanted)
- “…that’s what she said.”
- With a bible verse.