How to get 3 simple chin sutures removed: Modern US Healthcare Style
- Call doc office. Be told that next available appt. is two weeks away. By this time, stitches will have healed into the skin.
- Go to walk-in hours at the doctors office.
- Get told that removing stitches cannot be done at a walk-in appointment (What can? Band-Aid application?)
- Get nurses and receptionists to pity you…make appointment for later in the day.
- Come back for appt.
- Wait 1.5 hours in exam room, alone.
- See doctor with med student.
- Have med student and doc perform 2 minute procedure.
- IMPORTANT STEP: do not sterilize the area or sutures prior to removal.
- Leave without the last 4 hours of your life.
Next time, should there be a next time, Aaron will be performing the procedure in 5 minutes (total) at home.